Sunday, July 28, 2013

Wanna Brew Your Own Beer?

Brewing my own beer is something I've enjoyed for many years, although it has been quite some time since I have brewed a batch.  There's something about boiling wort that just makes me feel groovy.  So you'd like to brew your own beer but don't know where to get started?  I recommend The New Complete Joy of Homebrewing by Charlie Papazian.  It's a great reference for the beginning homebrewer and it includes a list of all the equipment you'll need to get started.  Also, it includes recipes for many styles of beer using both extracts for ease and also instructions for using all-grain techniques.  It's an easy reading book that doesn't get too technical for the beginner.  If you're interested in getting started, go buy this book, read it, apply your newly acquired knowledge and invite me over to taste your first batch!

No comments:

Post a Comment